The Guide to Losing Weight One Step at a Time
Wow, we’re so proud of you!! It takes so much courage and determination to lose weight and change your lifestyle. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the research stage, or if you’re well on your way to reaching your goals, YOU’RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!
A huge part of losing weight is making that initial decision to change your life. We couldn’t be happier for you! In saying that, changing your life means you might have to try something new once in a while! Want to know something really cool? We know one simple change you can make, that can really make the difference during your weight loss journey. Want to know what it is?
So easy, right? Get your runners on and let’s pick up the pace!
HOW WALKING CAN HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHTAlright, let’s get right to it! Just because you aren’t covered head to toe in sweat at the gym doesn’t mean you aren’t burning calories and toning your body.
According to MyFitnessPal, walking at a pace of 3.0 to 4.5 mph for 30 minutes can help you burn 101 to 193 calories while walking for 60 minutes can help you burn anywhere from 202 to 386 calories.
Walking to lose weight often requires a change in mindset. Think about adding a walk to your daily routine. At least three of those walks should be at a more intense pace, while two of them should be at a medium pace. The other two days are up to you! Use one as a rest day, or even head to the mall and window shop with your bestie.
It’s important to think of your walking as separate from your exercise regimen. Sure, now and then you can replace a workout with a walk if you need a break or don’t have enough time to head to the gym. But for the most part, a walk should just be part of your everyday life!
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR WEIGHT LOSS WITH WALKING
It’s time to lace up those shoes and drop pounds on the scale!
Here are some of the best tips and tricks to help you reach those goals, slim down, and tone up, during your ORBERA® weight loss journey!
- Pick the right outfit and shoes for maximum comfort (and style!)
- Use your walk as a way to de-stress at the end of a long day
- Set goals by planning your route or treadmill speed ahead of time
- Stick to your plan by writing it down or setting reminders which is also a great way to track your progress
- Head to the mall if the weather isn’t in your favor
- Get a walking buddy to hold you accountable and keep you company!
- Try wearable technology or an App for your mobile device to track progress
- Drink lots of water!! Staying hydrated is always important regardless of how rigorous the exercise
- Change it up every now and then. Try a new park or trail that you’ve been meaning to check out.
- Vary your pace by including incline, decline, and different surfaces to challenge your body
- Introduce different speeds and interval training for a twist
- Bring your dog along
- Go first thing in the morning to start off your day right
- Create a great playlist to keep your momentum going
- Drink a green tea afterward to boost your metabolism
- Bring along snacks, like a bag of almonds to give you energy
- Feeling motivated? Try hand or ankle weights to amp up the challenge
- Think of your walk as a part of your new, fun and healthy lifestyle!!